Analysts see McDonald’s Dollar Menu changes ahead
McDonald’s Corp will likely raise the price of its flagship Dollar Menu item, the Double Cheeseburger, and replace it with a new double hamburger with one slice of cheese, analysts said.
“The double cheeseburger will likely rise from 99 cents to $1.19, while a new product, called ‘McDouble,’ will be a double hamburger with one slice of cheese,” J.P. Morgan analyst John Ivankoe said in a client note on Friday.
McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger has two beef patties and two slices of cheese. The new McDouble would be different in that it would have only one slice of cheese.
McDonald’s executives said on the company’s October 22 earnings conference call that they were testing products and that a decision about Dollar Menu changes would be made “soon.”
One recommendation the company is weighing is to add the McDouble to the Dollar Menu and to move the Double Cheeseburger from the value menu to the main menu.
Greg Watson, McDonald’s U.S. marketing vice president for McDonald’s U.S.A., said on Friday the company was still weighing potential changes to the Dollar Menu, which has been credited with luring customers to the No. 1 restaurant chain amid a sharp U.S. economic downturn.
“The recommendation to adjust the price of the Double Cheeseburger allows us to continue to provide the same great tasting burger our customers know and love, still at a great value,” Watson said. “No final decisions have been made. These are just recommendations at this time.”
The value menu changes would likely boost prices without denting consumer perception that McDonald’s prices are affordable, he said.
The J.P. Morgan analyst said the introduction of the McDouble as well as the Double Cheeseburger price increase could improve margins at company-owned restaurants and boost franchisee cash flows.
Stifel Nicolaus analyst Steve West said in a recent note that he expects the Double Cheeseburger price hike to be steeper. He expected its price to go to $1.29, the same price as McDonald’s chicken snack wraps.
McDonald’s is slated to report October sales on Monday, November 10.
No comments yet.
Well, you all know about this. The infamous BanglaClub is in the blog world now. With different views and ideas. Share and participate to your favourite blog address.
- Three Bangladeshis killed in ‘drunk shooting’ by BSF man
- বুশের জনপ্রিয়তা ও একটি মার্কিন কৌতুক
- অবিলম্বে ক্ষমতা হস্তান্তরের জন্য বৈঠক হোক
- About oDesk – A Staffing Marketplace and Management Platform
- Yankees acquire Swisher from White Sox
- Awkward press conference for Palin
- The Adrienne Bailon naked pictures was a publicity stu!!
- Anti gay blacklist
- Cast of millions puts on Calif. earthquake drill
- About Eforcity
- Economic crisis can’t be solved overnight: Bush
- Police: No gunfire at Virginia Tech dorm 2 hours ago
2008 adrienne arizona Army awami league bailon Bangla Bangladesh barbara bdnews Birth registration boy bush byron keith perkins campaign challenge child cnn computing CPD crestor criminals election electioon emergency facebook fuel Gas Government graham hasina hike India jarrett John khaleda kill Lalon McCain Microsoft murder obama oil palin paula goodspeed audition Politics poll porno president price project pthc rape rice ryan o neal SanDisk sarah SATA Seagate sex site situation solid-state drives SSDs statins ted troops turner uk US usa war Windows 7 woody allen youtube
- Four major cities move to ban diesel vehicles by 2025
- Europe presses ahead with Mars rover
- Sutton Hoo bitumen links Syria with Anglo-Saxon England
- Trump's environment plans could spark opposition
- Space station supply craft 'burned up'
- Buzz Aldrin 'in good spirits' after South Pole evacuation
- 'Diet is global food policy's elephant in the room'
- 76,936 hits
- November 2008 (160)
- Robby Mook: Trump benefited from Russia 'intervening in the election'
- Insults fly between Trump and Clinton camps
- Michigan attorney general files suit to stop recount
- Dems plot ways to thwart Obamacare repeal
- How these 5 undecided voters made their choices
- Obama to sign Iran sanctions bill
- Muslim comedian sits next to Eric Trump on trans-Atlantic flight
- Obama signs onto women registering for Selective Service
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Site info||BanglaClub||.your place to be
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.